Quick StatsOfficial Name: Department of Environment and Natural Resources
Chief Executive: Allan Holmes
Headquarters: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Mission: South Australia's nature conservation, heritage conservation and animal welfare.
Language Spoken: English
# Countries Active: Australia
Official Website: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au
Phone: +61 8 8204 1910
Areas of Focus: Animals, Biodiversity, Conservation, Ecology
Organisation Type: Network / Collective / Coalition / Council / Peak Body
Other Social Media ProfilesMy Community Profile
Other Related Articles on Super Green Me
Comments From Twitter
External Website Links
Videos From YouTube
Department of Environment and Natural Resources
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) is responsible for South Australia's nature conservation, heritage conservation and animal welfare.
We collect and provide information and knowledge about the state's environment. We manage the state's public land including national parks, marine parks, botanic gardens and the coastline. We also advise on environmental policy.
DENR is part of the Environment and Conservation Portfolio and reports to the Minister for Environment and Conservation. We deliver the Government's environment policies directly and through partnerships. These are with other government agencies, including the Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation, the Environment Protection Authority, Zero Waste SA, Natural Resources Management Boards, and Primary Industries and Resources SA, as well as & a wide range of non-government environment organisations, industry bodies and the community.
Related Images Powered by Google & Flickr
Articles Published on SuperGreenMe: 11605
- Government shuts down parliament to avoid Coal Seam Gas Moratorium Bill Vote
- Murdoch Environmental Education Centre presentation
- Sustainable energy expert Amory B. Lovins to speak July 9 at Appalachian
- Tr-Ash Talk: TVA Disaster Spurs More Toxic Dumping?
- Vera Street Community Garden Workshop: Building the Soil, Preventing Pests
- Coles Junior Landcare school garden grants
- Upper Barwon Landcare Network
- The Great Blue Heron Rises
- Elwha and White Salmon River Restoration Projects Show Great Success
- Managing Small Hive Beetle
- Split Estate : the other Gasland Film
- Nominations are open for local Environmental Sustainability Committee
- Friends of Sassafras Creek
- Now Available in White!
- Tune in tomorrow morning 6:35am to NPR’s Morning Edition!
- Coal for Breakfast Action Group
- RiverSmart Rebate Program Coming this Spring
- Sell-off to fund NE wind project
- Japan says stricken nuclear power plant in cold shutdown
- First Post!
- Cleantech Forum San Francisco Opens Today with the Industry's Most Important Dealmakers, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
- POW IGM – ADDRESS CHANGE!
- Membership categories have been improved
- Summer Stroll Along the Appalachian Trail
- Four Corners – The Gas Rush
- Take Action Tuesday: Friends of Nevada Wilderness Partners with KEEN Footwear to Clean Up Mt. Charleston
- Local Members Asked to Repudiate Attempts to Open Up National Parks for Logging and Shooting
- Wilsons Creek Huonbrook Landcare Group
- Next Greenflik: Truck Farm – A Quirky Funny Film
- 35 conservationists shut down Forestry Tasmania headquarters - 27/04/2011
- Earth Hour 2012
- Fund studies, not schemes, says Windsor
- Raising the awareness!
- Open competition for Mountain Bike titles
- In the veg patch – July 2012
- Black Gully Music Festival
- Auditor General’s report kills off FT subsidy myth
- Sunshine and Smiles. The Portland Backyard Collective.
- Don’t Miss It! The Fascinating World of Bats!!!!
- On Mother's Day spare a thought for Mother Earth
- Hummingbirds of the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Suruí Forest Carbon Project Achieves Climate Validation
- Virginia Forestry Association
- Hepburn Wind recognised in Parliament
- Give that Tiger Some Teeth: A Historic Milestone in Protecting Americans from Toxic Chemicals
- Stormwater Trash – Same Old Story
- Brandon Rd Bushcare Group
- An Island Affair : A Benefit for Sigsbee Charter School
- POW IGM Minutes
- The World of Tidbinbilla
- New Sustainable Design Competition: Race-home
- Food & Farm Bill: What now?
- Tank Farms out of control at Port Adelaide
- New Virginia Director, Nissa Dean
- Clean fossils of the future? How about ready renewables
- Ballona Earth Day Celebration 2011
- 12 July 2012 GBR coral cover
- Watch out for Bridal Creeper in your garden
- Arthur-Pieman management committee appointments
- NRM Notes - July newsletter
- Draft Murrumbidgee CAP now available for feedback
- Carnegie wins EPA green light
- New Orkney wave devices set to power 1,000 homes via National Grid
- Would A Coke By Any Other Color Taste As Sweet?
- Environmental Film Festival 11-16 Oct
- Susan, Em and Sahara's garden
- Lesser Black-backed Gull – a rarity from our Christmas Bird Count
- Namoi Catchment Management Authority
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Signing a "Green Lease"
- POW Permaplay end of year PARTY!
- Frost Damage to Forestry and Agriculture Under a Warming Climate– Should We Worry?
- Take Action Tuesday: American Rivers Announces America's Most Endangered Rivers of 2012
- Southern Rivers Catchment Management Authority
- Forests & Forest Industry Council of Tasmania
- Big 6 pesticide corps want your vote
- Award recognises excellence
- Coral Reefs Are Being Decimated, All for a Few Gaudy Trinkets
- Transition East
- Alliance Establishes New Program on Chesapeake Forests
- Southern Otway Landcare eNews 6th September 2011
- Farmers. You can't live without them.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Katoomba Area Climate Action Now
- UWA and AIMS provide $2 million boost for WA marine science
- Message to farmers: "Fend for yourselves"
- Funding for climate change research on coral reefs
- Regional conservation groups looking for local outcomes from forest agreement
- Friends of Buchan Caves
- Photo ups ante in fight to save possum
- Heronfest 2013 – Great Chance to see the Great Blue Heron Rookery!
- Invasion of the Single-Use Plastic Bag
- Avon Catchment Council
- Friends of Star Swamp Bushland
- Appeals court throws out challenge to clean water settlement
- Mining’s contribution / Water a priority
- Pratt's $500m in energy plants
- Dawson Catchment Coordinating Association
- Enter the 2013 Regional Landcare Awards and be rewarded for making a difference!
- Team Earth Launches 'Do More, Do Less'
- Protecting Cultural and Ecological assets of Browns Creek Beach