External Website Links
GO GREEN WITH A GREEN BEDROOM: THE BUYERS GUIDE – PART IV
Issues that Green Real Estate and a Green Bedroom Resolve
Green real estate and greener bedrooms resolve many issues that have been dominating bedrooms for many years. Many bedrooms that were built preceding the introduction of environmentally friendly building methods and materials placed a mammoth strain on energy usage, as well as other types of natural reserves. These older bedrooms did in loads of cases cause health concerns for the residents, even having an effect on the efficiency of the people that produced them. In fact, one of the chief series of roles that these older bedrooms made to climate change and global warming was a major level of environmental type dilapidation, waste creation and toxic waste emanations. However, the contemporary, green living bedroom effectively decreases, if not gets rid of these dilemmas. In fact, scores of newly built bedrooms are now allowing users to go green and enjoy sustainable living situations that are beyond compare.
Eco Buyer's Guide Resolutions
Resolutions to these matters are straightforward for this type of bedroom. With global warming and climate change being problems that can no longer be disregarded as weather reigns havoc on our planet and environmental contamination slowly destroy living things, the value of sustainable resolutions and sustainable living through environmentally friendly bedrooms is now at its most critical point.
The most important facets that these green living bedrooms tackle, include: community, cost-effective and local environment benefits. However, such bedrooms are inefficient without including the sustainability of greener resident behaviours in addition to what these bedrooms offer.
The course of action commences with greener plans, utilizing daylight, ground warmth, biodegrable products and garden style roofing. Deliberations include toxic waste reducers, maintaining clean air, improving preservation and daily handling, structural effectiveness and siting. Aesthetically, these bathrooms use products found locally, allow site produced energy that can be reused and the reduction of weight on the overall home. Other things that should be taken into account include eco-friendly reusage and ecosystem impacts. Renovations are better than completely rebuilding to avoid the disturbance of important eco-systems and the environment.
Such bedrooms have zero to low-energy emissions and usage. Double/triple glazed windows diminish heating fees and injurious discharges into the atmosphere. Greener insulation combines fire-proofing, sound reduction and the reduction of heat loss should fill floors, ceilings and walls. Power is provided by the sun, whether partially or in full by solar and under floor heating systems and solar generated electricity. Solar type gain is decreased during colder months and augmented during warmer months with grassy roofs and awnings.
Greener materials for general building needs are crucial to a sustainable living type bedroom. Products should be non-toxic , recyclable, reusable and renewable, but avoiding electronics in your bedroom is even better. You can start going green with:
- seagrass baskets
- linen (flax) curtains with blackout and thermal lining
- wall panels (paper flakes)
- sheep's wool rugs
- linoleum, sandstone, cork tiled or wooden flooring
- metal door handles (recycled)
- bedding and clothing made of organic materials (hemp, wool and/or cotton)
- furniture (solid wood, recycleable non-toxic metals and organic fabrics)
- linen baskets (wicker, bamboo, sea grass and organic fabrics)
- paints (mineral, plant and water based)
- carpeting (jute, wool, organic cotton and sisal)
- alarm clock (non-toxic metal rewind type)
- throws (wool and organic cotton)
- beds (7 to 9 inch organic cotton covered and filled futons)
- lights (energy saving lightbulbs and solar powered lights)
Internal air quality within your bedroom can be greatly improved with zero - low emissions by opening your windows daily to let the good air in and the bad air out. HVAC systems ventilate your room and air. During the day only, put ferns, lilies, palms, spider and bamboo plants to absorb harmful air contaminants. Solar powered fans are great for air conditioning and air flow.
Establishing a greener bedroom is not overly expensive. There are many new and ancient innovations and technologies that offer a proven and eco-friendly way of bringing costs down. However, initial outlay costs more than pay for themselves over the long term as a result of running sustainable and green real estate. These eco friendly bedrooms are fun, inviting and better for your health, something that needs emphasis in any home buyer's guide.
- “Eco-Friendly Bedroom”, online article, Home Improvement Pages, 2008, http://www.homeimprovementpages.com.au/article/eco_friendly_bedroom
- “Green building”, online article, Wikipedia.Org, 2010, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_building
- “Canadians go green at home: Study”, Shannon Proudfoot, online article, Canwest Publishing Inc., 2008-2009, http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/story.html?id=1273589
- “Is Green in the Eye of the Beholder?”, Synovate , 2009, http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/08-11-2009/0005075652&EDATE