Other Related Articles on Super Green Me
External Website Links
GO GREEN WITH THE TOP 10 GREEN SOCIAL NETWORKING
Sustainability and Go Green Issues Answered Easily
One of the main issues facing people who are interested in talking about environmental issues or daily green living is that there are so many places to visit online that deal with only snippets of topics and sometimes have very few users, making it hard to find quality information and experience in the areas of sustainability and protecting the planet. However, things are changing as green search engines are focussing on the need for environmentally friendly websites, especially those who allow like-minded people to interact in real time. In fact, there are now eighteen top websites that allow for this type of social networking.
Top 10 Green Internet Sites
With social networking being the normal way to find friends, communicate and even gather information and tips, green networks are paving the way for a change of attitude towards how we live and work and what part we can play in fixing the issues facing our planet and environment. There are hundreds of go green networks for social type action on the net, but only eighteen stand above the rest, giving visitors solid information and communities where they can interact as green living people.
The top eighteen sites include green networks that cover different types of social networks. Types include :
- SuperGreenMe - a social network for green minded people that covers every angle of green living, sustainability, environmental issues, global warming, climate change and everything about going green; its online community can post up to the minute articles, product and service reviews, business profiles, tips, videos and photos; it is an interactive community with average people, scientists, environmentalists, teachers, academics, inventors, business people, green organizations, artists, etc.
- Hugg (associated with the Treehugger website) - owned by the Discovery Channel, this site lets members post news, articles and information about green topics
- Care2.com - a good sized green community that focuses mainly on environmental issue, green living and sustainability; a growing group that offers interesting perspectives
- Gaia Community (formerly Zaadz) - owned by Gaiam Inc., this online green network features a members area, forum, articles, tips, community events and news
- Treehugger - famous as one of the longest running and one of the most popular interactive green communities, this website has active forums for all topics of discussion about the going green movement and related issues
- Change.org - a good green network that targets action and activism with lively discussions about environmental challenges and issues
- Changing the Present - a fun network with socialization opportunities and forums; this green living network allows members to make green donations instead of getting gifts for everyone they know
- Dotherightthing - a green sustainability network and watchdog website that focuses on employees, employers, consumers and investors regarding green products and services through an interactive forum and networking capability; users can share useful tips related to green ethical and socially responsible actions in the workplace and related to consumerism
- Edenbee - a small green network dealing mainly with ways to reduce Helps people to set goals to reduce their carbon footprints, and share their efforts and ideas on how to do so with others.
- Fivelimes - a green community providing news and products
- Gigoit - a small community for the donating and receiving of items that can be reused
- Green Options - a journal style social network covering environmental resources, issues and education
- Greenvoice - the green version of ‘digg'
- MindBodyGreen - a small community for news regarding green and healthier living
- The Nature Conservancy Groupspace - a green network that is part of the Nature Conservancy organization with the chance to create gathering pages and communicate with like-minded people about the conservation of nature
- Playgreen - a network community (Wiki-based) with a sustainability focus on development
- RiverWired - a good network with blogs, videos and news concerning all issues surrounding going green
- Worldchanging - a small network with blogs and good articles that allow bloggers and members to submit story ideas and make comments
- Yahoo! Green - a large network with similar attributes to the famous Yahoo Answers that focuses on environmental type issues; members can introduce green links and news
Though there are other go green social type networks that are found across the net, these are amongst the best and have acquired a large following of members. In fact, they are an excellent source of environmentally friendly information, as well as being good places to discuss issues and learn about green living.
- “Green Communities and Social Networks”, online article, William Slawski - SEO by the Sea, 2010, http://www.seobythesea.com/?p=887
- “6 Green Social Networks You Should Join”, online article, Keetsa.Com, 2010, http://keetsa.com/blog/social-media/6-green-social-networks-you-should-join/
- “It's Easy Being Green: Social Networking: A New Frontier in Climate Change Research”, online article, Center for American Progress, 2010, http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2009/03/ebg031809.html
- “MakeMeSustainable: Bringing Green To The Social Networking Scene”, Terrence Russell, Condé Nast Digital, 2009, http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2007/07/makemesustainab/