External Website Links
Tips For A Healthier, Greener Home
Making your existing home green doesn't have to involve a lot of time and high costs. Just taking a few simple steps will help make your home more environmentally conscious and may even save you some money.
1. Keep trees close to your house. Trees are like natural air conditioners for your home. By having them surround your house, you keep the cool air in.
2. Minimize dryer time. Install a clothesline and air dry clothes. This saves tons of eneregy and reduces your carbon footprint.
3. If you are in the market to build a new home, start by building it from a greenhouse plan. These plans are more eneregy efficient and call for reclaimed and energy efficient materials.
4. Avoid harsh chemicals in your home and use environmentally friendly cleaning prodcuts.This is good for both your home and your family.
5. Turn off your lights when you aren't in the room. This saves your electric bill and the environment from wasted energy.
6. Use ceiling fans to regulate the temperature of your house.